Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Question Reality

I just saw a great bumpersticker: Question Reality.

Sometimes, i just can't stomach the reality that i'm being shown, shoved into, or forced to examine. I've learned that if i resist, it persists. Hopefully i'll get faster at moving through the pieces that seem distasteful.

Sometimes, reality can be funny. Take a different look at the distasteful, and sometimes it turns into an absurdity. Thank you WMCC News for pointing out absurdities in reality.

There have been times recently, when i haven't liked the reality that i have been perceiving. It seems that sometimes Be-ing isn't enough for Happiness. That's when i have to consider Do-ing, and what constitutes Right Action. For example, i haven't been satisfied with my income. I have really balked at interviewing and working for someone else. It didn't fit into my old view of what would make me happy, which was staying at home with the kids. Well, the kids are at school, and we don't have enough money, so going for a job interview seemed like a great thing to do. Boy, did that ever bring up some uncomfortable feelings! Where did that fit into my reality? Perhaps this particular Do-ing was causing discomfort in the short term in hopes of a long-term gain. It certainly helped me get rid of some old thought patterns and belief systems that we holding me back from attaining some long-term financial goals.

Coming to the realization that it was okay to feel anything that was coming up helped me get through the interview. My reality will change if i get the job. My kids' reality will change, too.
If we don't like that reality, maybe we'll feel free enough to discuss it and try another one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home