Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Destiny

I've been thinking a bit about Destiny over the past few years. Most of my encounters with others, I think of as a form of Destiny. Some of the contacts i've made, i've been guided to meet. Others are simply patterns from a dream - finally manifesting. Some seem to be both.

I've also been thinking about my last boyfriend - a lot. I really miss him very much right now, eventhough our relationship was pretty toxic for me. I was able to learn a lot about a lot of new things, new ideas, and alternate ways of living. Not all of these are what I choose to be in my life now. I realize that i have looked upon this relationship also as a failure, since i felt like i tried everything to make it viable, and it didn't work. Perhaps the failure was not being able to see the reality of the situation - and if that's so - it's not a failure, but a opportunity to find a clearer perception of what is.

One of the first things I asked him was, "Do you believe in Destiny?". When I saw this commentary today, I understand that when i asked that question, i didn't have the breadth of understanding that this quote imparts. I'd like to believe that i am a little closer to this now.

Here's a commentary from Hazrat Inayat Khan, from today's Bowl of Saki:

An unsuccessful man often keeps success away by the impression of his former failures.
Bowl of Saki, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

It is said in the Gayan, 'The present is the reflection of the past, and the future is the re-echo of the present.' Destiny is not what is already made. Destiny is what we are making. Very often fatalists think that we are in the hands of destiny, driven in whatever direction in life destiny wills; but in point of fact we are the masters of our destiny, especially from the moment we begin to realize this fact. ... Destiny means the materialization of man's own thought. Man is responsible for his success and failure, for his rise and fall. And it is man who brings these about either knowingly or unknowingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home