Friday, July 20, 2007

Ordination



About two weeks ago, I was ordained as a Cherag. My guide, Musawwir and his wife, Majida, drove me to The Abode, so that I could receive the ordination from Pir Zia. I also was able to meet Rabia, who had been my reader through the last half of the 2 1/2 year home study that this entailed. As a Cherag, I will be able to hold a Universal Worship Service, which I have been practicing at home. There may also be the opportunities to hold other ceremonies like weddings, baby namings, house blessings, and funerals. Here are a couple of pictures from the ceremony.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Darrell Grizzle said...

Blessings and congratulations! I look forward to co-celebrating a Universal Worship Service with you!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger N8 said...

Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home