Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Divine Feminine

This past Sunday, I organized and facilitated my first Universal Worship Service, with the theme the Divine Feminine. I had participated in a couple of services before, but this was my first one to organize and lead, including a sermon. I spent quite a while researching and communicating with my two friends, Cynthia and Joanna, who helped me with the service. It was a great experience. I really enjoyed the research and preparation tremendously. The sermon turned out more to be a discussion with the people who had come to experience the service. There were about 8 people in the audience, which is actually a good number for a short discussion (I thought). It was slightly daunting to speak on the Divine Feminine to a group of women (and men) who had studied and gone through various classes, workshops, etc. on the subject - priestess processes and Madonna ministry processes. People who have a depth of knowledge on that subject.

Anyways, I received some really nice feedback from the service, and a couple of people said they would like to attend another one when I get ready to do it again. That was such a nice compliment! One of the nicest phenomena I was able to experience was the feeling of detachment from things that might normally bother me to some extent (like someone coming in late, or me making a mistake and being corrected in front of others). Although I was present to these things happening, they did not trigger any kind of emotional or mental response other than "oh, that's happening right now". It was a really nice place to be in - and an ideal that I would like to experience on a more regular basis. It would come in really handy when dealing with my kids, parents, and work!

1 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Darrell Grizzle said...

Sounds like a wonderful service. I'm so glad you're doing these services to honor the Divine Feminine. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home