Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Struggle Within

In every moment, it seems there is always a choice. Sometimes I make decisions right away when one choice makes itself obvious. Other choices become a struggle.

In the moment, there is no struggle. Usually, for me, the struggle comes when I want to do something, take action, but then question myself for the reason or impetus behind the action. The struggle becomes a question of the future, not the now. The struggle rises within me as I look at the past and wonder what I could do to have a different outcome...so past and future and action/inaction.

I am learning to surrender to what is instead of taking action to make it different. The struggle then becomes surrendering to what is instead of what I think it should be (or should have been/ or should be in the future).

As I observe my own struggle within, I become more of the observer and generally bring myself back into the moment and the struggle abates.

Part of the struggle, too, I believe has to do with forgiveness, but that's the subject of another blog entry.

1 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger Musawwir said...

What do sad people have in common?
It seems they have all built a shrine to the past
And often go there and do a strange wail and worship.
What is the beginning of happiness?
It is to stop being so religious Like That.
Hafiz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home