Thursday, December 22, 2005

Solstice

Yesterday - and i supposed part of today, as well, could be included in the solstice. The darkest part of the year for this particular one. Many cultures celebrate or mark this date with ceremonies. For me, basically, this is a time to go deep within and review the past year.

Also, yesterday, i tried to write this post twice. No kidding. The ghost in the machine wouldn't let me. The computer froze up both times when i tried to put the document through spell check. Then, I received a couple of phone calls asking me to attend a solstice celebration down in Candler Park. Okay. I guess I'll write about solstice today!

It was a beautiful ceremony in an existentialist church. The e-church, Joanna calls it. The priestess process groups put on the celebration, with readings, music and some theatre. And, there was some of the best drumming i've heard in a long time.

One of the most amazing things to me, was that i saw a lot of people that have met over the past four years. It was very cool for me. I saw people that i knew from my priestess friends (i personally haven't gone through the priestess process, but i have quite a few friends who have). I saw friends from the Dances of Universal Peace, from the Sufi community, from Tantra classes, and Tai Chi. Interesting! I have been to other solstice celebrations, but i found this one to be very social and upbeat. I was glad to have found my babysitter at the last moment to attend.

Usually, I do my own solstice celebration. I center and write down the things that i feel can be released from my life. I also write down the things that i want to bring into my life. Then, i take the papers and burn them with some white sage, in my large shell. I usually look at the stars for awhile and contemplate and quiet myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home