Saturday, May 20, 2006

Cleaning Up

Well, this week was about reclaiming.
My friend, Joanna, found a handy guy to come and do things for her around the house. Luckily, he agreed to come and do some work for me too. He has lots of cool tools. This week, I would come home from work around 2:30 and start working in the yard with him. It's much more fun to work with someone else, i think.

Anyways, a couple of years ago a couple of very large trees came down in my yard and broke down the chain link fence. At the time, I didn't care too much, but had a few guys come over with chainsaws and clean up the biggest part of the mess.

Now that we have Lucky dog, it became imperative to either put up a temporary fence or fix the one we have. So, Darrell has been over fixing the fence so Lucky will stay contained. It's been a job. The trees and bushes have grown into the fence. Darrell and I have been cutting brush for two days. Actually he finished the fence last night and started working on the deck. There is still so much more to do.

Max has his second play-off game today in a few hours. If we win, we keep playing. If we lose, we are done for the season. Although they lost this week's game, Max hit another 2-run homer and a 2-run triple. It's been really fun to watch him lately.

This week we also started looking at working towards Max's bar mitzvah. I have become disillusioned with the shul that we are members of. It's a long story, but basically, i found someone else to tutor Max and oversee his bar mitzvah, and now i will write a letter to our temple and end our membership. It's a bit sad for me. I'd like to support groups that expand minds. However, i feel there was an element of coercion that didn't sit well with me. Organized religion has had it's place in my life. Now, though, perhaps it is time for something new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home