Sunday, September 18, 2005

Diamonds at the Baseball Field

Here's another true story about what happened to me last year at one of my son's baseball games.


I was at one of Max's baseball games. We were sitting on the bleachers cheering for the team. One of the moms was clapping and all of the sudden, she said, "oh no!" She had clapped and two of the diamonds out of her ring fell out into the sandy space under and around the bleachers. Everyone started to look for the little diamonds.


I found one almost immediately, and gave it to her. What a rush! She had to leave to go to synagogue, since they were saying special prayers for her father, who had recently passed on.
I could not stop myself from looking for the other diamond. There were lots of shiny stones on the ground, in the sand. I knew the other diamond fell shiny side down, with the pointy side up, so I just kept looking. About 45 minutes later, finally, I prayed, that I wanted to find the other diamond for her, but I needed help. Right after that, I looked down and reached down and picked up the other diamond. A "mini" miracle! I gave the diamond to another mom who then delivered it to the owner. What a high I had that day!


Later, the moms and I discussed it. She told me that she was praying that it would be found and I told her that I was praying for help to find it. We discussed a little about how prayer worked, and how wonderful it was that we were praying for the same thing. She asked me if she could buy me lunch or dinner or something, but I told her the story was the best reward I could ever have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home