Sunday, October 30, 2005

Keeping It Real

The past week has gone by in almost a blur. I started the new job, which takes up a big chunk of my day. The part that was mostly my own time. Everything is shifting back into spaces of time where it can fit - exercise, shopping, cooking, homework - it all is moving into a new pace and place.

This weekend offered me a bit of time to myself, and i was very grateful for that. I was able to spend a good bit of my free time with friends - some of them very new - and some not-so-new. During the week, i had a couple of phone calls from a friend of mine, which was nice. What became difficult for me was how to express myself to that friend. Something inside of me has changed and now the old way of our togetherness isn't appropriate for me anymore. I found myself having to express myself in a way that i hadn't done before. There was a point of clarity and an opportunity to express a newly uncovered part of me. I was able to go into my heart and ask and follow my own guidance right when i needed to. Being my own best friend, and keeping myself as real as i can be. Being authentic with myself is becoming a blessing, but in this case, it felt as though i was having to give something up as well. As with life, things keep happening and i have let myself learn, grow and change from my experiences. There has been a point of growing clarity about my own authenticity and needs, and this experience was an opportunity for me to honor that part of myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home