Friday, October 21, 2005

A Quick Update

Well, i have a new part-time job! There are so many mixed emotions going on with that. Back working for the man. Still working the jewelry business - and reflexology and aromatherapy. Then, being a mom to two boys, not to mention the volunteer work at school and my cherag studies.

Today, i have a quick reprieve. I am going to go volunteer at the BRAC center...Probably for the last time for awhile. I can't do it all and something has to give. I'll miss those guys, too.

The part-time job is everyday, and is office administration work. i never thought i'd go back to doing that again. Seven years at Arthur Andersen seemed like enough. But, for the last few years, the business hasn't been what it used to be. I used to bring home at least 3-5x what i did at my last two shows. All of the artists are saying the same thing. Business is tough. But, i don't want to give it up totally. So, i'll keep the clients i already have and keep doing some shows as well...maybe bankroll another project.

Anyways, since i'll be working, writing might take a back seat as well. Hopefully, i'll keep the dream alive of writing that book, tho....one of my kids told me i should write a book like Harry Potter (which we've been reading together). Ha!

I received my halloween costume, which i ordered on e-bay. So, the fun part of my imagination is trying to decide how to accessorize it! making time for fun is essential in keeping a positive outlook on life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home