Thursday, October 26, 2006

Negative/Neutral/Positive

Last weekend, I met some wonderful, new people. I was introduced to a Mayan timekeeper, Merrill, who i spent an extended amount of time with last Friday evening, and again on Saturday evening.

It began the week before, when my friend, Elizabeth, announced Merrill was in town. I had the feeling that Merrill had something to tell me, but wasn't sure it was something i really wanted to hear. But, being me, I had to find out.

Well, besides pointing out some wonderful things about the particular mayan calendar that Merrill was working with (the sacred calendar which deals with communities, tools and communication), Merrill asked permission to point out something in my character that was hindering me. I gave him an open door. Merrill gently told me that I used many negatives. It hit me hard, I cried, and i felt myself shift - knowing that what he told me was the truth. I also knew that if i tried and worked at shifting the use of negatives in my speech patterns and thought patterns, my life has the potential to drastically change.

Confronted with a newer, deeper level of examining my thought and speech patterns, i noticed that my mind/thoughts sped up and the flow of thoughts became more apparent. Then, I was noticing what I was thinking about, but also what words I was thinking. Then changing the word patterns became an effort. In a few days, i noticed i was slipping back into the old use of negatives. But having the potential to make a positive change keeps me examining and slowly changing the negatives i use to see if i can come up with different word patterns that might be more appropriate, neutral, or positive.

The opportunity to create more space for potentialities using neutral or positive word and thought patterns is very exciting to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home