Sunday, August 23, 2009

Destiny = Pull of the Future + Choices + Unknown

On the weekend mornings, I like to muse over my morning coffee. Yesterday, it was about the word Destiny. I've found myself thinking about that lately, as indeed, sometimes it feels like it's just around the corner. Other days, it seems like destiny waits for me someplace in another sometime.

During my musing, I thought about how many times it seems like my dreams have been some type of reflection of my experience in the present. Sometimes the reflection is murky, sometimes clearer. Most of the time in this reality, it's a rather distorted version of the dream. My usual mode of operation is to follow the energy from the dream cum reality and see what it turns out like. I used to be disappointed when it wasn't like the dream, but now, somehow, I am rather relieved. So, I used to think that my Destiny was related to my dream time, and that it was already set and ready to play out.

Now, however, since realizing that the dreaming world is a reflection and most of the time not an accurate one, the concept of Destiny has had to be revisited.

One of the things that I have been thinking about relates responsibility and Destiny.

So, going forward, which is the future, I would say that a good part of Destiny can be linked to being responsible and taking responsibility for the choices made. This includes, too, the decision not to take action. This brings up another point, of I believe a Buddhist thought, of right action. Sometimes right action is no action. Letting things unfold and and observing instead of sticking the thumb in the proverbial pie.

Then, there is the unknown factor in the equation of Destiny. The Unknowns may be reflections of choices, people, places, events, and new information. With these Unknowns, Destiny becomes a constantly changing, morphing event...maybe just the journey of life.

The questions may be asked at this point - is it the Destiny or the Journey? Is it the Journey or how we choose to perceive it? Maybe all of these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home