Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Ecstasy, Bliss and Anaebolic Breathing

This morning, as i woke up, i found myself in a blissful, almost ecstatic state. This if fairly normal for me, if i haven't expended too much of my energy or myself. It's rejuvenating and offers me a wonderful way to start my day.

I have experienced this type of state on a regular basis since starting spiritual exercises. Intentional breathing and clearing is one of the main exercises to maintain this blissful state. Hopefully, when i experience it enough times, it will become part of my being-ness.

Both Sufi breath practices and Tantric breath practices can bring my energy into alignment with bliss/ecstasy. I had experienced the anaebolic state once (at that party in my previous post on Tantra), but was sharing my space intimately with another. I really didn't expect to experience that again with anyone, and certainly not by myself. I had even semi-discussed this experience with my tai chi and qi gong teacher. Historically, through stories, masters would go to a cave with their disciples and enter into a type of anaebolic state and then have their "watchers" guard them and wake them, if appropriate. There are specific methods of waking one who is in deep anaerobic sleep. This is slightly different from a state called "yogic sleep", which is a deep meditation, and offers it's own beauty and attributes to bodies in bliss.

When i was in California, i entered into a state that was highly sensitized. We were in a "puja", or circle, and doing a sensory exercise. I definitely got more than i thought i would. Sensitized to a point in which i heard someone whisper something in my ear, and i though, "if you say so", and 'became' the garden of flowers that they thought i was. At that moment, i stopped breathing outwardly, and turned inward. i felt my bodies expand and although i was conscious of what was happening to me, there was a "nothingness" present for me. I could feel others being uncomfortable with this. I was extremely comfortable, though. Someone slapped a board on the soles of my feet. I arched, but wanted to continue in my state. Water came next. I was regaining sensitivity and then regained outward breathing. I was a little peeved that i wasn't allowed to stay in that state longer. However, i knew how disconcerting it was for the others, and probably would have been for me, too if i had to witness instead of experiencing such a state.

The next morning, during meditation, i entered that anaebolic state again. This time, however, i told myself to remember to breathe. My breathing was light and very spaced apart, but it was important to have mastery over this part of myself. To be caught up in the phenomena of ecstasy and bliss and anaebolic breathing could limit my venturing into other states.

I was a little surprised this summer, when i was in a type of yogic sleep that this anaebolic breathing happened again. It felt wonderful combining those two states. Again, though, my awareness of getting stuck in the phenomenon brought me back into a hightened awareness of myself and for what purpose i was experiencing these states.

I am grateful for the experiences that i receive from doing my spiritual exercises. I hope to make the most out of all of these experiences, to help others create the lives they wish to live. Even the "traumatic" parts of my experiences. I have found i can transform these non-blissful memories and states into methods of healing for others. It brings my ability to empathize with others to a new level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home