Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year Goals

Lots of people make New Year's resolutions. It's a historical thing. I read about it here - the history of New Year. Like everything, the dates have changed over the years and while we have such a limited scope to think that the possibility for more changes is limited, i would suggest that history would prove otherwise.

New Year's Eve day and yesterday, i spent reviewing what's going on in my life. The different areas of concentration of energy and time: family, work, relationships, crafts, spirituality, diet & exercise. Interestingly enough, some of these areas warrant more energy and some less than i have been expending upon them recently. During the year, i like to do something new, learning something new and take a class or get involved in some way. This year, writing came up. Oddly enough (or not) i had just seen an advertisement for a class on Monday nights which caught my interest. It's also at a time that's convenient for me, so that will be my next adventure. It may prove to help me finish what I've already started, and may open doors to more.

I facilitated our first family meeting last night. Whew. We covered a lot - without the TV on! We covered allowable t.v., computer/X-box, chores, allowance, vacations and camps. There were some divergent ideas on what is acceptable for each of these, but i think we are off to a good start.

This week, the kids are out of school and i'm watching two of their friends most of the week. . . Camp Molly. I think we'll try bowling and maybe Fernbank and/or a movie. I haven't seen Narnia yet, and although the kids have, they said they'd go again with me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home