Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Spiritual Writing Assignments

During my class, Carl said that if we could write every day, even one sentence, that would be good. After a few months, we'd have a few pages. Really. Maybe Haiku.

I just got out of my evening bath. My time alone. I have a new bath book - since that's where i do my best reading. I used to do spiritual practices in the bath, but now i do them on my way to work. Usually. My new bath book is a book on writing. Writing Down The Bones. I'll have to add it to my reading list on the blog. Anyways, while i was sitting in the bath, i had an idea. Then, i had the impression to come and write. So here i am. writing. my homework. Cooling down. maybe.

So, the thought that came to mind was:

Osho wrote the book,
So what more do i have to say?

Well, apparently, plenty. That's what's the impression, anyways. Secrets. I was having an imaginary conversation with my old boyfriend. My friend, Miera called me tonight to explain that he had called to RSVP to her dance party this weekend. I had RSVPed many weeks back, when the first invite came out. She deferred to me, however, and explained that if there was a problem, she'd rather have me at the party than miss it because he was planning to be there.

hmmm. Very sweet. Some of my friends have not been so forthcoming or caring about my feelings pertaining to that relationship. Ah, so, one of the things i have learned along the way is that a lot of people, and i mean A LOT, definitely fill their needs before they think of how their actions might affect others. Not that they should be held accountable for other's feelings, but apparently, most people ACT from their feelings. Luckily, a lot of people are numbed by various things...t.v., alcohol, addictions, self-absorption, even spirituality. i should know. i'm not immune.

What's next, i don't know. i'm just writing off the cuff. It's something that's been on my mind anyways. I guess that's it for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home